You may wonder exactly what your homeowner’s insurance covers. You know that if a storm were to damage your roof that the insurance would cover a roof repair, but what if there was a major event and your home was completely destroyed. Would your insurance pay to replace your home?
This is not as simple of a question as you might think. Some policies have contingency plans for issues like this and will help you find a replacement home if yours is destroyed; however, in other cases, you may be left with just a small sum and not have a way of replacing your home. This could be a major financial disaster for you and your family.
So, what should you do to protect yourself from a disaster like this? Working with an independent agent is often the best way to protect yourself. An agent will better understand the ins and outs of the policy and can make sure you have that protection you desire.
If you have any further questions about this topic or homeowners insurance in general and you live or work in the Colleyville Texas area, contact us at Schwab Agency and let one of our experts work with you. We want to help you get the insurance you need.

Leave a Reply